Water Storage Tanks
The Wallkill Consolidated Water District has 8 storage tanks built between 1987 and 2000. The total storage volume is 11M gallons. All of the tanks are welded steel and cylindrical in shape. The tanks serve three pressure zones: low pressure zone, high pressure zone, and Washington Heights pressure zone.
KC provided the conceptual upgrade plan, design, preparation of contract documents, and engineering services during construction and startup.
Key project components included:
- Tower Drive (low pressure system): 2M gallon tank (76 feet diameter and 59 feet high) and 1M gallon tank (54 feet diameter and 59 feet high);
- Inwood Road (low pressure system): 2M gallon tank (86 feet diameter and 47 feet high);
- Overhill Road (low pressure system): 1M gallon tank (60 feet diameter and 51.5 feet high);
- Connors Road (high pressure system): 2M gallon tank (96 feet diameter and 39 feet high) and 1M gallon tank (68 feet diameter and 38 feet high); and
- Washington Heights (Washington Heights pressure system): two 1M gallon tanks (45 feet diameter and 82 feet high).