Eyes for Detail
The construction claims and engineering audits group at KC consists of claims specialists, engineering auditors, compliance specialists, resident and office engineers, and scheduling experts who are skilled in delay claims review, analysis, and negotiation; dispute resolution; change order and payment auditing; payroll records review, cost estimating and review, and vendor billings review; assessment of appropriate values; and verification of policies, procedures, and specification compliance.
Knowledge and Experience
KC’s construction claims team includes claims experts with extensive and unique experience in analyzing and resolving very substantial and highly complex delay claims brought by contractors on public works construction contracts. They possess a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of municipal construction contracts, including Damage for Delay provisions, analytical processes for damage identification and quantification, underlying legal concepts and decisions, and delay analysis techniques. Our team performs appropriate and detailed reviews and analyses addressing both entitlement and damage, including assessment of all delay events, delay culpability, and establishment of entitlement and associated damages. Our engineering auditors have performed thousands of audits, including those on construction contract payments, consultant payments, and change orders.
Our engineering audit team exhibits the highest level of professionalism and the highest degree of academic training, and they have the knowledge and experience necessary to perform a variety of auditing tasks.
- Appropriate Value Assessments
- Change Order Auditing, Reviewing, and Approving
- Contract Compliance Verification & Interpretation
- Contract Interpretation
- Cost Reasonableness Review
- Delay Claims Damage Negotiation
- Delay Claims Review & Analysis
- Dispute & Delay Claim Guidance
- Dispute Review & Resolution
- Payment Auditing, Reviewing, & Approving
- Payroll Records Review
- Price Reviews for Goods / Services
- Progress Review
- Specification Compliance
- Quantity Verification
- Review of Consultants, Contractors, & Other Vendor's Billings
- Verification of Policies and Procedures Compliance